Soil Mechanics, Foundation Engineering, Geoenvironmental Engineering, Ground Investigation, Ground Improvement, Engineering properties of clays.
Won IGS-Bienniel award for best paper in the field of " Innovation in Field Exploration" ,2014
(1) Sharma, B, and Rahman, S. K. (2016)" Use of GIS-Based Maps for preliminary Assessment of Subsoil of Guwahati city" Journal of Geoscience and Environmental Protection,4,106-116
(2) S. K. Rahman (2017) " Characteristics of fly ash mixed with locally available soil of Kokrajhar" International Journal of Research and Analytical Review (IJRAR), Vol. 4, Issue 1, 775-778
(3) S. K. Rahman and A. Paul (2020) " Soil stabilization using lime and rice husk ash" International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology (IJARET), Vol 11, Issue 6, 1188-1193
(4) R.M. Hubbali, S.K.Rahman and A. Paul (2021)"Performance analysis of stone dust stabilized clayey soil from the Bilasipara region in North-Eastern India"International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology (IJARET), Vol 12, Issue 2, 422-429
(5) R.M. Hubbali and S.K.Rahman (2021) "Soil improvement using coir fiber: A case study" Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology (IJARET), Vol 12, Issue 2, 593-598
(6) S.K Rahman, B. Sharma and A. Sridharan (2021) “Free Swelling Behaviour of Bentonite-sand Mixtures in Presence of Pore Fluids of Different Dielectric Constants” International Journal of Geological and Geotechnical Engineering, Vol. 7, No. 1, DOI: https://doi.org/10.37628/jgget.v7i1.679
(1) B. Sharma, S.K.Rahman and B.D.Saikia (2013) " Use of contour maps for preliminary assessment of subsoil of Guwahati city", Indian Geotechnical Conference 2013 GANGA, IIT Roorkee
(2) B. Sharma, S.K.Rahman and B.D.Saikia (2013) " Use of GIS-based maps for preliminary assessment of subsoil of Guwahati city", Indian Geotechnical Conference 2013 GANGA, IIT Roorkee
(3) S.K. Rahman, S. Brahma, S. Deka, U. Rongmei and N. Bayan (2017) "Characteristics of fly ash mixed with locally available soil of Kokrajhar" Indian Geotechnical Conference 2017 GeoNest, IIT Guwahati
(4) T. Saikia, B. Sharma and S.K.Rahman (2018)"Effect of Ethanol on compressibility, Swelling and permeability characteristics of Bentonite -sand mixtures" Indian Geotechnical Conference 2018, IISc Bangalore.
(5) S.K. Rahman, M.K. Das, and J. Deka ( 2019) "A study on the Improvement of Engineering Properties of Locally Available soil of Kokrajhar by Using Burnt Brick Dust" 7th Indian Young Geotechnical Engineers Conference (7IYGEC), 2019, 15-16 March, NIT Silchar.
(6) S.K Rahman and B. Sharma (2022) "Effect of Organic Pore Fluids on Swelling Behaviour of Bentonite-Sand Mixtures" GEOLEAP-Geotechnics: Learning, Evaluation, Analysis and Practice, Indian Geotechnical Conference- IGC 2022, 15th-17th December, 2022, Kochi
(1) B. Sharma and S.K.Rahman (2020) "Spatial Variability of Subsoil Properties of Guwahati city Using GIS-Based Maps" Chapter 4, Recent Developments in Engineering Research, Vol. 5
(2) T. Saikia, B Sharma and S.K. Rahman (2021) " Effect of ethanol on compressibility, Swelling and permeability characteristics of bentonite-sand mixtures" Problematic Soils and Geoenvironmental Concerns, Pg. 60-80, Springer Nature Singapore, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-6237-2_7.
(3) S.K Rahman, M.K. Das and J. Deka (2022) "A study on the improvement of engineering properties of locally available soil of Kokrajhar by using burnt brick dust" Proceedings of 7th Indian YoungGeotechnical Conference, NIT Silchar, pp 515-520, Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering (LNCE, Volume 195), Springer (ISBN:978-981-16-6456-4)
|1||Foundatiom Engineering||CE 604||4||6|