Post-Harvest Engineering Operations of high value agricultural products
Thermal and non-thermal processing of foods
Thermal Energy storage (Solar energy application in food Processing)
Design and development of hand operated small tool/machine for underutilized fruits and vegetables
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5811-6629
Scopus Author ID: 57189695287
On-going Sponsored Project
1. Nutritional Evaluation and shelf life study of value added products prepared from Ou-tenga : An Underutilized fruits of NER from DST, Govt. of India.
2. Isolation and Identification of novel bacteriosin producing probiotc bactrria From NER India and its application in Food Preservation from DBT, Govt. of India.
3. Development of low cost phase change material assited hybrid solar dryer for wide range of agricultural products from NECBH, DBT, Govt. of India.
1. Basumatary, B., Roy, M., Basumatary, D., Narzary, S., Deuri, U., Nayak, P.K. and Kunar, N., 2013. Design, construction and calibration of low cost solar cabinet dryer. International Journal of Environment Engineering and Management, 4(4), pp.351-358.
2. Borah, P.P. and Nayak, P.K., 2013. Quality characteristics of dried jahaji banana chips after deep fat frying. Int J Agric Food Sci Technol, 4(9), pp.901-908.
3. Meher, J.M., Mishra, B.K., Nayak, P.K. and Singh, V., 2015. Effect of pre-drying and frying kinetics of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas l.) chips. Int Quarterly J Life Sci, 10(2), pp.521-525.
4. Nayak, P.K., Dash, U.M.A., Rayaguru, K. and Krishnan, K.R., 2016. Physio‐chemical changes during repeated frying of cooked oil: A Review. Journal of Food Biochemistry, 40(3), pp.371-390.
5. Nayak, P.K., Dash, U. and Rayaguru, K., 2016. Quality assessment of mustard oil in deep fat frying. Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research, 35(2), pp.168-171.
6. Nayak, P.K., Mahananda SS & Rayaguru K. 2016. Physiochemical and sensorial properties of biscuits prepared from elephant apple powder based composite flour. International Journal of Agriculture Sciences, ISSN, pp.0975-3710.
7. Behera, G., Rayaguru, K., and Nayak, P.K., 2017. Effect of microwave blanching on slice thickness and quality analysis of star fruit. Current Research in Nutrition and Food Science Journal, 5(3), pp.274-281.
8. Nayak, P.K., Dash, U., Radha Krishnan, K., Mishra, B.K. and Rayaguru, K., 2017. Process Optimization for Minimizing Residual Free Fatty Acid Levels in Fried Mustard Oil: Isotherm and Kinetics Studies. Journal of food process engineering, 40(3), p.e12426.
9. Nayak, P.K., and Rayaguru, K., 2017. Design, development, and performance evaluation of the elephant apple core cutter. Journal of food science and technology, 54(12), pp.4060-4066.
10. Kumar, S., Mahanand, S.S. and Nayak, P.K, 2017. Mathematical modelling and experimental analysis of broccoli (Brassica oleracea I.) In tray dryer. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 6(6), pp.1049-1052.
11. Nayak, P.K., Rayaguru, K., and Radha Krishnan, K., 2017. Quality comparison of elephant apple juices after high‐pressure processing and thermal treatment. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 97(5), pp.1404-1411.
12. Nayak, P.K., Mohan, C.C., and Radhakrishnan, K., 2018. Effect of microwave pretreatment on the color degradation kinetics in mustard greens (Brassica juncea). Chemical Engineering Communications, 205(9), pp.1261-1273.
13. Lakshmi, D.V.N., Muthukumar, P., Layek, A., and Nayak, P.K., 2018. Drying kinetics and quality analysis of black turmeric (Curcuma caesia) drying in a mixed-mode forced convection solar dryer integrated with thermal energy storage. Renewable energy, 120, pp.23-34.
14. Nayak, P.K., Dash, U., Rayaguru, K., and Radha Krishnan, K., 2018. Influence of elephant apple powder as an adsorbent in the regeneration of fried soybean oil: Process optimization studies. Journal of Food Process Engineering, 41(1), p.e12637.
15. Nayak, P.K., Chandrasekar, C.M., and Kesavan, R.K., 2018. Effect of thermosensation on the quality attributes of star fruit juice. Journal of food process engineering, 41(7), p.e12857.
16. Nayak, P.K., Krishnan Kesavan, R., Baishya, H., and Behera, G., 2019. Design, Development, and Performance Evaluation of an Aloe Vera Gel Extractor. Research into Design for a Connected World (pp. 529-538). Springer, Singapore.
17. Lakshmi, D.V.N., Muthukumar, P., Layek, A., and Nayak, P.K., 2019. Performance analyses of mixed-mode forced convection solar dryer for drying of stevia leaves. Solar Energy, 188, pp.507-518.
18. Behera, G., Rayaguru, K. and Nayak, P.K., 2019, September. Effect of Ultrasound-Assisted Pre-treatment on Osmo-Dehydration Kinetics and Quality of Star Fruit (Averrhoa Carambola L) Slices: An Optimization Study. In International Conference on Innovation in Modern Science and Technology (pp. 1019-1027). Springer, Cham.
19. Kesavan, R.K., Nayak, P.K. and Mili, P., 2019, September. Quality assessment of Kaji Lemon (Citrus limon) juice under ultrasound and pasteurization processing conditions. In International Conference on Innovation in Modern Science and Technology (pp. 16-23). Springer, Cham.
20. Lakshmi, D.V., Muthukumar, P., Ekka, J.P., Nayak, P.K., and Layek, A., 2019. Performance comparison of mixed-mode and indirect mode parallel flow forced convection solar driers for drying Curcuma zedoaria. Journal of Food Process Engineering, 42(4), p.e13045.
21. Kondareddy, R., Sivakumaran, N., and Nayak, P.K, 2019. Drying kinetics of black turmeric (Curcuma caesia) with optimal controller assisted low-cost solar dryer, Food Research, 12, 1223-31.
22. Nayak, P.K., Chandrasekar, C.M., Sundarsingh, A., and Kesavan, R.K., 2020. Effect of in-vitro digestion on the bioactive compounds and biological activities of fruit pomaces. Journal of Food Science and Technology.
23. Ayoub, A., Singh, J., Bhat, A., Nayak, P.K., And Chhetri, P., 2020. Effect of several packaging materials on the storage stability of dried persimmon (Diospyros kaki L) fruit slices. Plant Cell Biotechnology and Molecular Biology, pp.70-80.
24. Kondareddy, R., Sivakumaran, N., Radhakrishnan, K., and Nayak, P.K., 2020. Performance analysis of solar tunnel dryer with thermal storage and Photovoltaic system for drying star fruit. E&ES (IOP Publishing Ltd), 463(1), p.012138.
25. Radha Krishnan K. and Kalpana Rayaguru, Nayak, Prakash Kumar, 2020, Effect of ultra-sonicated vacuum drying on antioxidant activity, TPC, TFC and color of elephant apple slices, Food Biosciences, p.100629.
26. Basumatary, B., Nayak, P. K., Chandrasekar, C.M., Nath, A., Nayak, M., and Kesavan, R.K., 2020. Impact of thermo-sonication and pasteurization on the physicochemical, microbiological, and anti-oxidant properties of pomelo (Citrus maxima) juice. International Journal of Fruit Science, pp.1-18.
27. Priyadarshini, A., Rayaguru, K. and Nayak, P.K., 2020. Influence Of Ohmic Heating On Fruits And Vegetables: A Review. Journal of Critical Reviews, 7(19), pp.1952-1959.
28. Nayak, P.K., Basumatary, B., Chandrasekar, C.M., Seth, D., and Kesavan, R.K., 2020. Impact of thermo-sonication and pasteurization on total phenolic contents, total flavonoid contents, antioxidant activity, and vitamin C levels of elephant apple (Dillenia indica) juice. Journal of Food Process Engineering, p.e13447.
29. PRIYADARSHINI, A., RAYAGURU, K., NAYAK, P.K. and LENKA, C., 2021. Efficiency of Ohmic heating for Microbial inactivation in Mango (Mangifera indica L.) pulp. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 13(1).
30. Mishra, S., Rayaguru, K., & Nayak, P. K. , 2021, Ultrasound Pre-treated Osmotic Dehydration of Elephant Apple (Dillenia indica) Slices. Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research (JSIR), 80(01), 17-22.
31. Lakshmi, D.V.N., Muthukumar, P. and Nayak, P.K., 2021. Experimental investigations on active solar dryers integrated with thermal storage for drying of black pepper. Renewable Energy, 167, pp.728-739.
32. Kondareddy R., Sivakumran S., Nayak P. K., Radhakrisnan K., Sahu F.M. Singha S., 2021. Performance evaluation and economic analysis of modified solar dryer with thermal energy storage for drying of blood fruit (Haematocarpa Validus), Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, Accepted.
M.Tech - 06 (Completed) 02- Undergoing
M.Sc. - 01 (Completed)
B.Tech-22 (Completed) 05-Undergoing